DiverseAbility: NDIS Inclusion Conference
On 19, April, 2018, Parramatta, Sydney
Settlement Services International (SSI) invites you to take part in "DiverseAbility: NDIS Inclusion", a conference that, for the first time in NSW, will raise and discuss issues and challenges that are specific to people with disability from a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background, and in particular, relating to their access and experiences with the NDIS.
Research conducted by SSI FutureAbility project, found that people from CALD backgrounds with disability are noticeably under-represented in the existing disability service and support systems in Australia, despite having similar disability rates than the Australian-born, English speaking population.
Join CALD and disability experts, practitioners, CALD NDIS-users, community groups and members in a discussion to identify ways to improve the engagement and participation of people with disability from CALD background into the NDIS in order to achieve a better quality of life and increased economic and social participation. "DiverseAbility: NDIS Inclusion" conference will be held on Thursday, April 19, 2018 at Novotel Parramatta.
Who Should Attend?
- People with disability, in particular from CALD background
- Relatives and carers of people with disability from CALD background
- Disability and NDIS practitioners and professionals
- Organisations specialising in assistive technology
- Government and council personnel
- Disability and employment training organisations
- Employers of people with disability
- Community service providers/NGOs
- Disability housing providers
- Multicultural and ethno specific organisations and groups
Ticket Registration Options:
All ticket prices include GST
- Early bird rate: $100.00 (available until March 19, 2018)
- Full day registration $150.00
- People with disability and carers – FREE
- Successful abstract applicants – FREE
Registrations close on April 12, 2018.