2018 Refund & Cancellation Policy and Privacy Statement DiverseAbility: NDIS Inclusion Conference
This event is open to those in NSW with an interest and commitment to support:
- The inclusion of people with disability from CALD backgrounds in the NDIS and across, government, business and the community
- The participation of people with disability from CALD backgrounds in all opportunities to participate fully in society
People with disability from CALD backgrounds and their carers and families are welcome to attend. As are disability experts, practitioners and community groups including multicultural and ethno-specific organisations and representatives.
This is the first time such a conference has been organised to get relevant people together to:
- Raise issues and challenges that are specific to people with disability from a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background,
- Discuss issues that relate to their access and experiences with the NDIS.
- To identify ways to improve the engagement and participation of people with disability from CALD background into the NDIS and
- Help achieve a better quality of life and increased economic and social participation
The "DiverseAbility: NDIS Inclusion" conference is a one day event in response to research conducted by SSI FutureAbility project, that found that people from CALD backgrounds with disability are noticeably under-represented in the existing disability service and support systems in Australia, despite having similar disability rates as the Australian-born, English speaking population.
The "DiverseAbility: NDIS Inclusion" conference is organised by the FutureAbility project of Settlement Services International and funded by the NSW department of Family and Community Services.
Attendees will be asked to identify their areas of interest and affiliation when registering.
Best Case Scenario are the appointed professional conference organiser, to deliver the "DiverseAbility: NDIS Inclusion" Conference, on 19 April 2018, at the Novotel Parramatta.
Provisions of conference
Morning and afternoon tea and lunch are provided in the registration fee.
Ticketing is managed by Best Case Scenario on behalf of SSI.
- One day registration is $150.00 (inc GST)
- Early Bird rate to 19 March 2018 is $100.00 (inc GST)
- People with disability and carers is free
- Successful abstract applicants is free
- Registrations close 12 April 2018
There are no refund provisions once the registration is submitted
We ask that you please ensure you purchase the correct tickets and choose the add-ons relevant to your requirements.
The conference registration is for one day.
Ticket purchase can be made by credit card online or by invoice by special arrangement directly with conference organisers Best Case Scenario.
Should you require assistance at any time please do not hesitate to contact Jen at Best Case Scenario via email or phone (02 8060 8398) prior to finalising your registration.